Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cupcakes Anyone?


In response to recent postings on the Cricut message board, I decided to spend some time this week attempting to create a lacey cupcake wrapper. My inspiration came from a photo posted on the mb from a wedding site. Most mb-ers agreed that it would take SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) to recreate the cut file. I think they forgot about STORYBOOK! The storybook cartridge is a treasure of pretty shapes. I used one of those shapes to create my cupcake wrapper.

NOTE TO USERS - I made this a little long on purpose. Sometimes we make tall cupcakes, sometimes not. Due to the repeat of the pattern, hand trimming is a breeze!! You may see the pink strip in the lower front of the photo that I trimmed. I wanted to show how easy custom sizing could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment