Monday, February 2, 2009

BBTB Doodlecharms Heart - Valentine Set


Happy Monday!! I had so much fun last weekend. First, as previously mentioned, I had Stamp Club. Then I worked on two week's worth of challenges for the Bitten by the Bug design team. Two week's worth of challenges, you ask (well pretend you did!)? I will be in Temple, GA next weekend at a scrapping retreat and wanted to complete next weekend's challenge ahead of time. So yes, two week's worth of challenges.



The challenge that Regina posted today involved using the scalloped heart from the Cricut Doodlecharms cartridge. We could use the heart any way we wanted to (not always the case). I used design studio and reworked a box from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More, adding a fold over tab at the top, and rotated the ribbon slips 90 degrees. I also added the heart cut out to the front of the box. I thought that the box needed a matching valentine card, so that too was created in design studio using the Doodlecharms heart.


I cut the box and top layer of the card in BasicGrey valentine paper - Bittersweet. The base of the card is cut in pink Bazzill cardstock. The valentine swirl embellies are from the Storybook cartridge. The little flowers are hand crocheted flowers. The circular Happy Valentine's Day tag is from the Cutting Cafe's wonderful line of print able stamps. I really like this set... Simple but sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment