Thursday, June 16, 2011

Road Trip with a Side Stop


Everyday this week I have been telling you that "tomorrow" I will post the card that coordinates with the Cricut Father's Day grill decal.  And yet everyday I post something else.  Guess what?  Today is no different! 

I took a 7.5 hour road trip yesterday to pick up my younger son from College.  I have previously shared, but... Ian is a student at the Art Institute of Atlanta, where he is majoring in Sound Production.  Ian wants to go into film special effects.  AIA is on a quarter system in which Ian goes to school year around.  He gets four breaks per year - a week in the spring, a week in the fall, four weeks at Christmas and four weeks in the summer.  This is his four week break.


On our way home we decided to make a stop at the Dekalb Farmer's Market, just off of I-285.  I have heard of several farmer's markets in the greater Atlanta area and decided to begin checking them out.  DFM offers a large variety of foods from which to choose.  There are 10 or 12 departments, each featuring a broad range of product in their category.  We did not take time to shop the entire market, though we did visit the produce section (photo 1) and International foods (photo 2).


Photo 3 (above) shows just a small section of the seafood department - had I remembered a cooler we would have made several purchases there.


Photo 4 (above) shows only a tiny bit of large selection of pastries and baked good.  We did bring home cannoli and eclairs.


One of the areas my husband would have enjoyed had he been with us was the coffee selection.  There were coffees from several countries, in several varieties.  I brought him some Kona and a South American Organic coffee.


The cheese department looked fabulous - but again that three hour drive home made me think twice about purchasing cheese without a cooler.  Sigh.....


It surprised me, but there was also a large international beer and wine section.  I confess to purchasing two bottles of sparkling Italian wine - on special! 

The DFM offered Ian and I a pleasant way to spend an hour or so, but we decided that next time we want to find the real downtown market and spend even longer shopping!  If you have any suggestions for great markets in the greater Atlanta area, please let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment