Monday, June 20, 2011

Magnolia-licious Blog Hop - Black & White with a "pop" of color



Hi friends!! Hope you had a fabulous weekend, and that you're ready for a great week! It's time for a new Magnolia-licious Design Team blog hop, so if you've arrived here from the lovely and talented Barb, then you're in the right place! If not, pop on over to the Magnolia-licious Highlites blog for all the links to the hop. For our theme today, we were challenged by the Queen herself! Diana asked us to use black and white, with a "pop" of another color. Well of course mine had to be red.  I do love the color combo of  red, black, and white. 


For my card, I used one of the brand new stamps from the Sweet Rainbow collection which is available right now over at Magnolia-licious! She is #264 Lying Tilda.  Now you might notice I only used half of her! I really like the entire stamp, but the top half of her is perfect for popping out of a frame! She's colored with Copic markers. I know her dress is the R20 family, and her skin is E11, 01, and 00. Can't remember what colors I used for her hair. Sorry!  For the frame, I used my new Cricut Cartridge, Elegant Edges.   For the sentiment, I chose to use a circle sentiment from Lili of the Valley cut out with circle Nesties and petite scalloped Nesties. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and that yummy bow was made with May Arts silk ribbon. I also added some Kaiser pearls in the corners for the finishing touch.



So that's it for me for the hop! Now if you're interested in maybe going shopping over at Magnolia-licious, leave a comment on this post and you'll be elligible to win a 20 dollar gift certificate to the shop! That should assist you with your shopping fun! I will draw a winner the weekend of the first as I will be out of town for the next week. Now it's time to hop on over to visit the oh so talented Suzanne. I know she's got something gorgeous for you to feast your eyes on! Thanks so much for joining us in the hop today!  Please be sure and visit the Magnolia-licious Highlites blog so you can see how you can participate and win a fabulous prize from Diana! Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today, and hope to see you back again soon! Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment