Sunday, June 19, 2011

MOVIE REVIEW: INSIDIOUS


When I first saw the trailer of this film, I already got interested to see it. But when I ended watching it, I was not totally impressed. One of the few horror/suspense films to make a buzz in 2011, "Insidious" takes us to a story of one family wherein suddenly one of their sons just went into coma. Seeking medical advice yet to no avail, the child's mother sought help to people who know of the other world.

Her thoughts were that their house was haunted and that her son was possessed by some evil creatures residing in their new house. But turns out to be that the house was not haunted but instead her son is the one that actually cause himself to be coma. It takes us to a place where soul travelling and astral projection is a reality. The twists just become bigger when they found out a shocking truth about the boy's father and his past.

Though Insidious surprised me in some scenes, the element of fear and shock was missing and I was not really engaged in the story. The story seems to be shallow founded and the actors and actresses seem to come from B-list movies. The marketing and trailers were good making me wanna watch it but the film as whole is something one could actually miss.

3 out of 5 popcorns

No comments:

Post a Comment