Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sweet Melissa Sunday was a hit! How could miniature Devil's Food Cakes with Peanut Butter Frosting not be? Oh, the peanut butter frosting absolutely delish! In the SMS comments, one of our team bakers cut back on the butter and added more smooth peanut butter to make a less buttercream type frosting. I duplicated the ingredient measurements and now this frosting 'has' to be one of my family's favorites. Just subtract a stick of butter and add 1/2 cup more peanut butter. Very tasty!We have had family here visiting and now it is our turn to take Larry's Mom to his brother's home today, which is a 3 hour drive each way, so I am making this a shorter story then my usual =).

The little devil's food cakes are being taken for dessert this evening and I thought each person would enjoy having his or her own cake.

The pumpkin design is a stencil; you know how many fun Halloween and Fall items (Okay, all holidays and seasonal items) come out to entice each of us to open our wallets and buy, buy, buy? Well, every once in a while I get hooked. Unfortunately more times then not.
I want to thank Holly of Phe/mom/enon for making a hit dessert choice! I can not wait to share and I already have many samplers for the frosting. I wasn't sure there would be enough frosting to actually put on the cakes. To get the recipes, either BUY Sweet Melissa's Baking Book (A very wise choice) or you can go to Holly's site for today's recipe. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did and I can't wait to see all the variations each person baked...Happy Fall!
Ashley and I were able to squeeze in a little pumpkin carving too.

No comments:

Post a Comment