Friday, October 16, 2009

October DT challenge for Magnolia-licious

Each month, the Magnolia-licious Design Team takes turns issuing challenges. This month is was Suzanne's turn. She decided instead of doing a sketch, she would challenge us to make an easel card. I must say....this was a really hard challenge for me. Not the easel card itself, cause I really love this and will make more. But the twist to the challenge threw me for a loop! The twist is to make it monochromatic. I struggled so much with this card. I honestly have been working on it for almost three weeks now. I would pick it up, and put it down, and keep repeating that process. I finally just decided tonight to bite my lip and finish it. I'm still not really sure about it.......

I used # 388 Dinner Tilda from the A Little Yummy For Your Tummy collection available at Magnolia-licious. She is colored with Copic markers. All of the stamps in this collection are adorable! If you haven't seen them yet, be sure and rush over to Magnolia-licious! While you're there, join the Yahoo Group to get even better prices. Diana gives her Yahoo group extra discounts and goodies!
The card base is Bazzil and the DP are all digi from Wild Rose Studio. The stars were cut with my Cricut Expression with the George cartridge, and the flourishes are from the new Sweethearts cartridge. The flourishes are also covered with diamond stickles. I really love the way this card sets up for viewing. Please visit the Magnolia-licious Highlites blog to see the fabulous creations from the rest of the Design Team, and to see the directions on how to build this card.


Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today, and I hope to see you back again soon! HUGS !

No comments:

Post a Comment