Monday, May 16, 2011

FAB Sunglasses and Purse with Forever Young


Happy Monday! I am so excited to share today's Bitten by the Bug 2 project with you! Our team leader, Heather, selected this week's challenge cut - the sunglasses from Forever Young. I LOVE the sunglasses and other fun cuts on Forever Young!! I also love all of the 3D purse options on FY! So sunglasses and purses were the perfect companions for today's project.


I began with a large purse, 9 inches tall (about 16 inches wide). I cut the purse in double sided cardstock, polka dot side facing out. Using George and Basic Shapes, I welded a circle and oval to create the front panel of the purse and I cut the panel twice in this fun pink, green and aqua print.

I used lime green cat's eye chalk to "ink" the edges of the front panels as well as the tiny gingham trim pieces (also "build" in George to fit the base purse).



I cut the sunglasses in three layers, the icon cut in hot pink, the shadow cut in a green polka dot, and the dark lime glass lens.  I used A LOT of pink punch Stickles on the glasses frames - I wanted for the frames to appear to be made of sparkling pink plastic!  I finished the glasses with dark brown dots on the lens and a touch of red stickles in the flower cutouts on the corners.


I created hybrid flowers for the purse, again using cuts available on Forever Young.  Cut the flower as it appeared on the cartridge EXCEPT, I cut four of the largest layer of petals.  I then folded the four flowers into quarters and created flowers very similar to the 3D Mother's Day flowers from Cricut.  The only difference is that this flower already had leaves attached.   I used the same green cardstock for the shadow cut as I used for the glass lens.  I used polka dot for the icon cut, a double sided hot pink cardstock for the larger folded petals, bright pink and white for the middle size petal layer, and yellow for the tiny flower centers.  I finished the flowers with two tiny button centers - just like the original Cricut flowers.  These flowers are SOOO easy to make and look so cute.


I attached one of the flowers to the closure on the purse and used pop dots to "hang" the sunglasses on to the edge of the purse.  I also used pop dots to attach the second flower to the lower left corner of the purse.


To embellish the front of the purse I cut two strips of coordinating paper - the same tiny gingham that was used on the upper trim, and the reverse side - an Argyll print.  I glued the two strips to the lower front of the purse and then added the flower.  Finally, as I was putting away the Making Memories paper set that was used to make this project, I found this fun LAUGH cardstock sticker and I knew it would be the perfect finishing touch!! 


Thanks for popping by today.  Please do go over to BBTB2 and check out everyone's projects.  SOOO cute this week!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment