Well, just in time before the X-Men First Class gets to be shown here in the Philippines, I am also listing my top 10 superhero choices in the X-Men universe. Well, most of them are not in the movie but I still would like to watch it.
- Touted as a villain sometime in his existence in the Marvel universe, I love Gambit out of all the X-men characters. He has character, charisma and great abilities as well. Most people call him the man on cards and stick, and yes he can truly burn the house down. His love story with Rogue has been one of the good points in the Marvel universe much more for an avid fan that has lived in the Uncanny X-Men era.
- Perhaps the most iconic symbol of the X-men because oh his claws, Wolverine is the most famous and most loved of all the X-men superheroes. His adamantium claws coupled by great agility and speed added to his super ability t heal and regenerate is one cool set of abilities. His somehow dark past and a conflicted love path is also a great storyline most of the fans like.
- Super strong and has abilities to fly, I see Rogue as possibly the sexiest of all the X-men ladies. Her strength outside is somehow offset by her seemingly fragile personality. Prone to break downs and self-pity, Rogue is one character most people relate to. Mutant but still perfectly human. Hers and Gambit's love story is always a tearjerker.
- Powerful. Storm has been one of the best members of X-men. Her great abilities combined with her great composure and intellect makes her one formidable force in the Marvel universe. Her ability to control nature with use of wind, lightning, ice and the likes is something that would come handy in battles. Plus she flies!
5. Jean Grey
- I like Jean Grey better as Jean Grey than as Pheonix. I liek to see the strength of her mental prowess more than her fire wielding abilities as Pheonix. Plus I see a more humane side of her as Jean Grey, someone who loves unconditionally. Perhaps following the steps of Prof. X, she has the best telekinetic powers in the planet.
- One of the original X-men, Iceman has so far been outshadowed by his more valiant counterparts but still he is one great superhero. Not as imposing as others physically (Wolverine) or power-wise (Storm), he can slide through the opponents and freeze them at will. His feud with former friend Pyro is also a joy to watch.
- Not gaining much airtime in movies, cartoons and even the comics, Psylocke has been a household name in the gaming world -X-men game series, Marvel Vs. Capcom. This lady ninja can sure kick some butt and surely is one great addition to the X-men. And did I say she's definitely sexy?
- One of better knowns X-men, I don't like Cyclops by much perhaps because he seems to have it all, great intellect, nice powers, a good life and a wonderful girl in Jean Grey, He is a good long range fighter with his optic blasts and likes his battles with Mr. Sinister. But I think there's a bot of personality missing to make me love him more.
- Like Wolverine in most ways but only a female, this new X character is one that makes up for the lack of female short range fighters in the X universe. It's good to see female characters slug it out physically from time to time. She's gaining more fans as well as she's part of the Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 game.
- I like him more with the steel wings rather than as Angel, with the soft wings. As Archangel, he seems to have the imposing will to knock out those evil villains.