Thursday, May 26, 2011

Piano Recital Layout with Quarter Note


I had such a nice time yesterday.  Michelle came over and we worked on her daughter Shelby's scrapbook.  Michelle was very close to being finished with the scrapbook, just six pages to go, which is great since she has to present the book to Shelby on Thursday night (as in - TOMORROW)!  Shelby attends a private school and the parents were asked to present their students a scrap/memory book at graduation.  I was able to help Michelle a great deal, as she was not really a scrapper.  The good news?  Well other than Shelby's book is finished - Michelle is a scrapper convert!!  She is purchasing a Cricut Expression, wants a Gypsy, and is planning to attend the CK Scrapbooking convention that Kathy, Suzanne, Pat and I attend each August!!  Whoo-hoo!!


I wanted to share this layout of Shelby's first piano recital (which also includes a photo of Shelby at her last piano recital!).  This was the first time I had used the Quarter Note cartridge.  I asked for this cartridge for a couple of years before it became a reality.  Ironically, I no longer needed it as much as I had when I was scrapping years of Marching Band photos!  But as I had begged for the music/band cartridge, I HAD to purchase the cartridge.


Quarter Note does NOT disappoint. In addition to a music note alphabet (see the welded letters below) there are a lot of music words, instruments, and symbols.  I am very happy with the cartridge, I only wish I had more opportunity to use the music cuts!

I will try to remember to photograph the other two layouts we made yesterday when I see Michelle to put the finishing touches on the book.  I am very proud of the work she has done on Shelby's book and very excited that she has embraced my favorite hobby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment