Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Layouts, Layouts, Layouts... And I am still behind.



I love the saying, "God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die." (Bill Watterson)  That saying applies to me and my actual scrapbooking - in other words - LAYOUTS.  I have quite a number of photos that I have never gotten around to scrapping. 

This last weekend I had the pleasure of spending three days scrapping at Lake Murray - thank you Beth and Sally.  I managed to complete 21 12x12 layouts (one of which was Buzz Lightyear).  To give you an idea of how far behind I am, I found photos from Christmas 2009 and photos from my birthday last year.  I had scrapped part of the photos, but not all.



In honor of my 50th birthday last year, my girlfriends had a birthday crop for me.  It was so fun - good friends, good food, doing what we like to do!    I had scrapped some of the birthday photos, but not all.  This is a scraptique kit modified (or as I say, "Susanized") to fit the photos. 


The two page layout utilizes Teresa Collins papers - lots of pink, white and black.  And of course lots of textile textures. 


I love the elements on the right page, the three file folders.  Each of the three folders opens to reveal hidden information.  The smaller two folder contain the journaling.  The larger folder contains the photo below.   


If you have not already  done so be sure to leave a comment under the previous post to be elegible for the Custom Crops gift voucher blog candy.  The winner will be posted on Friday.

 
Tomorrow I will share how simple layouts can help you deal with multi page scrap events, while still looking nice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment