Saturday, April 17, 2010

Butterflies with Everday Cricut


I am so excited - this is my launch as part of the Saturday Design Crew at Everyday Cricut.  I am so honored that Joy and Melanie asked me to join them on this one Saturday each month.  I thought I might like to work on themed projects, featuring similar cuts, or colors, or both.  This month I am sharing two butterfly cards made with the Sentimentals cartridge. 


The features wings which open from the center of the butterfly's body.  I created this effect by welding extra wings to the shadow butterfly cut.  There are more details on this in my post today at Everyday Cricut.  I embellished the butterfly with flowers, pearls, gems and doodle dots. 


The second card features the same butterfly cut, only smaller, the same paper colors, but is designed to be a more traditional rectangular shaped card.  The inside of the card has an additional butterfly, even smaller, as well as colored paper.  Again for more details on how this card was made and designed (I off hints on designing with Cricut Design Studio), visit Joy's and Melanie's Everyday Cricut.  Just click the Everyday Cricut blinky in the left column.

I hope you have a great weekend.  I will be back early Monday morning with my BBTB2 post.  I may get Busy with the Cricky Cake tomorrow, so you might want to check my sister blog over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment