Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Papertake Weekly - Cutie Pie

Hi everyone! We made it through Monday, and now it's on to Tuesday! And that means it's time for another challenge from Dawny at Papertake Weekly. This week's challenge is Cutie Pie! Well when I saw this adorable digi image called Loves Healing Hands Girl stamp from Sassy Cheryl's, I thought she was a true Cutie Pie. I was commissioned by a friend and co-worker to make her a Mother's Day card, and this is what I came up with. I sure hope she likes it!


See the lace across the center? I hand crocheted that myself, and will be selling them on etsy if you're interested in them. I make them about seven inches long, and they're between 1-1/4" to 1- 1/2" wide and about 7" long (I could make it longer if you want). I just tucked the edges under the cardstock using Zip dry glue. I hope to be making different patterns, so if you're interested, please check back every once in a while.


The image is colored with Copic markers. Cardstock is Bazzill, and the DP is Basic Grey. I added some machine stitching, and some gorgeous flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. I painted the flowers with some Angel Wings Shimmerz (LOVE that stuff!!), and added some Smooch to parts of the image like the bears eyes, her shoe buckles, and buttons on her dress. I finished it off with some lovely silk ribbon and charm that are available at Stamp and Create. The sentiment tag was just typed up on my computer and then printed on a tag I cut using my Gypsy and Cricut Expression. The tag is from the Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More cartridge. All of these are available at Hallmark Scrapbook.




Because of the roses, the card won't fit into an envelope, so I made an envelope box for it. I used paper to match the card along with matching cardstock for the scalloped edges (Martha Stewart doily lace punch) and more of the silk ribbon. Doesn't it make the yummiest looking bows ever??!!! Like I said before, I so enjoy making cards, and I like the cards I make (usually-LOL!). But every once in a while, there comes one that I really, really love and have a hard time parting with. This is one of them.




Please be sure and visit Papertake Weekly to check out the rest of the designers take on the challenge as well as the sponsor for this weeks challenge! You are in for a true treat! Then we'd love you to grab your paper and glue and play along with us! You might even get lucky and win a prize! Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today, and hope to see you back again soon! Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment