Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday with Dorie ~ Chockablock Cookies

Another Tuesday with Dorie has appeared and to show off the day, we are presenting a delicious cookie stuffed full of everything sweet and wonderful.
Mary of Popsicles and Sandy Feet decided on this week's Chockablock Cookies found in Dorie Greenspan's Baking, from my home to yours cookbook, on page 86. I wasn't sure about the molasses being a part of this recipe but now I am glad to have followed the directions and added it in. There is only 1/2 cup and barely enough cookie dough to adhere all the ingredients together ~ This is a good thing~.I may have gotten a little carried away with larger measurements but people, we are talking about white and bittersweet chocolate chunks . . . don't you just love that word? Chocolate "chunks"? Then the dried blueberries ended up being so plump and moist with a deep blueberry flavor (I was nibbling out of the bag after filling a small bowl), then the pecans. Large chopped pieces to go with the old-fashioned oats and sweet, shredded coconut!
I was also a little tired by the time the cookie baking session started because earlier in the day I was doing sourdough bread experiments. 10 of them to be exact. 7 hours later, I took a break. Note to self, 2 sourdough starters at a time for experiments. (I went through 25 pounds of different types of flour. The amount of flour needed was for two purposes: to replenish each sourdough and making the bread dough.) 10 was definitely too many . . . I am exhausted and my notes are lacking everything towards the end. Dinner and cookies interfered plus, at 10:30 p.m. the first 3 loaves went into the oven. Proofing dough takes up to 12 hours. Today, there are 6 more loaves to finish baking.A close up of ALL the added goodies for the cookies~! One cookie is very filling; the filling part might have something to do with how large the cookie is, especially since I used an ice cream scoop for making cookie dough balls. The rest of the cookie dough was frozen into balls as Dorie suggested, to be baked at a later date.
Thank you Mary for a wonderful baking adventure this week! Go see the rest of the TWD baker's cookies because I know it will be hard to find any two cookies alike. Also, to get the recipe go to Mary's site or buy Dorie's cookbook. Either way, you win, Happy Baking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment