Monday, March 29, 2010

Paisley Purse Cut, BBTB2 Blog Hop, and Special Blog Candy


Happy Monday and welcome to the BBTB2 Monthly Blog Hop!  If you are following the blog hop you probably arrived here from Carole's blog (isn't she a sweetie??).  I will keep you for just a few minutes, then you can be on your way.  This week the Design Team was challenged to use any one of the three purses on the PAISLEY cartridge in our projects.  I chose the cut apple front purse, then I substituted cherries, also on Paisley, for the apples.


I used the fabulous Fashionista paper by Graphic 45, a line I have LOVED, to create my card.  The card front features bright cherries POPPED out on a frame of oval nesties.  At the bottom edge of the card I used a border punch on yellow cardstock to create a edge trim.  At the top of the front section I added a yellow bow with a Prima flower trimmed with tiny cherries.


The surprise factor in my card is the opening design; I welded a front piece to the shadow back of the purse to create a flip down opening.  Inside I used more of the Fashionista cherry paper as well as a smooth cream cardstock on which to write my message.  The smooth cardstock is embellished with cherries.  The image below shows the card fully opened.


I mentioned in the title that I have special Blog Candy this week.  One of my favorite scrap e-stores, SCRAP YOUR TRIP, is sponsing my blog hope this month and has given me a $20.00 gift certificate to give away!!!  How awesome is that?  Scrap Your Trip is owned by Julie Swatek, a lovely woman "My Friend Kathy" and I met a few years ago at the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Charlotte. Julie is so nice and her store has just the greatest selection of travel, sports, music, military, etc., etc. scrapping products.  All you have to do is leave a comment in the comment section below to be included in the drawing for the gift certificate.  I will select a random winner on Thursday.

After you register for my blog candy I know you will want to hop along to the next BBTB2 site.  Your next stop is at the blog of Krista.  Krista is such a sweet woman with amazing talent I just know she will have something wonderful to share!!!  Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your hopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment