Monday, March 22, 2010

BBTB2 Sweet Treats Birthday Bash Cake Card


Happy BBTB2 Monday - This week there is a Birthday Bash going on over at BBTB2 where I had the pleasure of selecting this week's challenge cut, Cake2 from the Sweet Treats cartridge. Sunday was my 50th birthday and the wonderful Design Team graciously agreed to share my birthday by using the Sweet Treats Cake2 cut.


I used the Cake2 cut to create this adorable Birthday Cake. I used a vibrant lime green for the shadow cut, yellow cardstock for the icon cut, pink swirls (Basic Grey) for the cake layers, and aqua for the icing cuts.


The birthday candle is lime green with yellow twists. I added the phrase "Make a Wish", a cut also on the Sweet Treats cartridge, to the front of my card and cake.


I embellished my cake with Prima flowers and a pretty aqua ribbon with a bow. I also added Melissa Frances pearls to the icing cuts. The cake is sitting on a pretty silver cake plate (above). The image below shows the aqua oval I used as matting for my cake. I trimmed the oval with fuzzy ball trim and white stitching doodles. The tops layers are mounted on a pretty plaid oval card, which is pink on the inside.


If you have not already gone by BBTB2 and viewed the Design Team projects, you should do so.  As always, the DT so impressed me with their collective talent and creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment