Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TWD; Choco-Nana Bread

TWD and Chocolate banana bread, hhmm, interesting flavor combination. I read the recipe several times before starting because each flavor is a solid background taste. Now combine them. I really did not know what to think. When in doubt, make little servings. I did make the whole recipe BUT I baked in small serving sizes: Mini-loaves and muffins. Easy to freeze because we are trying to cut down on goodies lying about; you know, the kind easy to snag on the way to where ever one of us is going.

Steph of Obsessed with Baking chose this week's recipe and I am proud of her for going out on a limb and picking a controversial taste twist for our Tuesday blogging social. At first taste, no one in our home could say if the bread was liked or not. The bread had a wonderful texture and aroma with a deep, dark chocolate color. After a further nibbling review, we did like it but not as a family favorite.

The recipe went together quickly and now we know what the two flavors together creates; banana-ie chocolate. Maybe if I had added crushed pecans or something. I think this recipe needs to be examined from the eyes of each TWD baker to see how the recipe was accepted and/or altered. I am so curious!

No comments:

Post a Comment