Tuesday, July 21, 2009

TWD: Raspberry (Strawberry) Blanc - Manger

I am not sure if anyone can see a theme building with the photos but Strawberries are my "in" food for summer right now. Raspberry just felt a little to seedy for me. I absolutely love the flavor and smooth texture of the Coulis. The whole dessert was just fun, fun, fun to make.

I have experienced issues with gelatin in the past but Dorie Greenspan made the whole gelatin experience a breeze. Now if I can just remember how this is done for the future...?

Tuesday with Dorie has created a niche of enjoyment in my life. I love doing my own thing but I find myself looking forward to the next week's dessert and thinking how I want to make the dessert my own.


I loved the light, airy feel of the dessert and I can see the versatility of options available for the future. I absolutely can "not" wait to try the Blanc-Mange with a 1-inch thick round of white cake beneath and an apple jelly glaze over all. A definite dinner party dessert!






For July 21st, Susan of Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy selected Raspberry Blanc-Manger on pages 398-399 of Dorie Greenspans's cookbook, Baking From My Home to Yours. To see how everyone else in TWD did, just click on the TWD link and enjoy!






Don't the ingredients look totally simple? They are! Chilling the hot mixture in a bowl of ice water is as hard as the whole recipe gets....and the presentation has so many avenues.


No comments:

Post a Comment