Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lake Weekend Brought Christmas in July


I had a wonderful time at Lake Murray last weekend with my scrapping girl fiends: "My friend Kathy", Beth, Sally, Peggy, Suzanne, and Pat. We were one busy bunch of scrappers! I actually only completed four scrap pages, but that was because I was focused on Christmas in July! I made 24 Christmas Cards (eight each of three styles), and 18 sets of gift tags to give as gifts at work. Somehow I feel like I am ahead of schedule now.

The one of the two double page spreads I created was of my daughter and her friends as they were preparing for the annual Steeplechase event this spring. I found this dress paper at Scrap Your Trip and just loved it. I thought it was perfect for these photographs.



As I stated above, I made three different Christmas card designs. I actually cannot decide which design I like best. The first design consists of a circular Merry Christmas stamp, stamped on smooth white card stock and cut with a nestie. It is mounted on a larger nestie and has a pop package in the middle. I used Basic Grey paper and off white cards.



The second design utilizes one of last year's purchases, this beautiful Christmas tree stamp from Stampin' Up. It too was stamped on smooth white card stock and mounted on a nestie cut. The background paper was purchased at Michael's, and I cannot recall the company.



The final of my three cards grew out of a mistake. I had planned to make bag toppers and accidentally cut them too small. So I decided to use the light blue cuts as backgrounds for stamping. I used the same Christmas tree and mounted the tag on navy card stock stamped with white snow flakes.



I wish I could show you my tags, but they must wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment