Monday, January 31, 2011

Love Birds - Blog Hop - Blog Candy


Hello everyone! You may have arrived here from Julie's blog if you are following the BBTB2 blog hop. Either way, welcome!

I am finally back to blogging.  I was busy most of last week with one thing or another and the week finally reached its pinnacle on Saturday when Doug and I moved our younger son into his first non-university housing apartment.... On the third floor... With no elevator! (But mom, the rent is cheaper on the third floor!).  :-D  We manged to survive and Ian's apartment is adorable!!!  Far better than my first apartment!

So now that you know where I have been, let's move on to BBTB2!  It is time for the monthly blog hop and this week's challenge was selected by our wonderful Design Team sister, Maria, who asked us to use one or more of the lovely hearts from the Love Struck cartridge.  I chose the love birds.


I created a fold out card using Just Because Cartridge.  I cut an envelop, then used my trimmer to remove the side flaps.  I scored the two fold lines created a half circle fold down flap (see the photo above), a center 4 x 4 area, and an oblong oval flap (see the photo below). 



For the front of the card I cut the love birds heart from Love Struck in pale pink.  I cut the shadow in white. I used copic marks and highlighted random hearts and the birds.  I added satin hearts and a crystallized Prima rose to the front of the card.  I wrapped the lower flap with a dotted one inch ribbon and added an additional satin heart and heart stick pin. 

I added a white circle stamped with a simple sentiment to the inside of the flip down flap.


Inside the card I used Lacey Labels and cut a scalloped square, the trim for the square, and the old school Love Story style LOVE. 


I liked that this card was not my usual single fold card.  I enjoyed the more creative folds and style.  Now let's get on to the good stuff!  I have wonderful BLOG CANDY!  Thanks to Custom Crops I have a $25.00 gift voucher for one lucky winner.  Just leave a comment below before you hop on and you will be registered for the blog candy.

It is now time for you to continue along on the BBTB2 blog hop!  Your next stop is at the blog of our amazing Design Team sister, Penny.  I had the pleasure of meeting Penny in person last summer and I so enjoyed meeting Penny and her daughter, Krista.  Both are lovely and delightful!

I will be back tomorrow when I have a snowy layout to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment