Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stamping With My Cricut



After yesterday's wonderful package from Provo Craft for my guest designer spot at Christmas With The Cricut, I just had to play with my new toys. I Love, love, LOVE the Cricut embossing folders; I should have been using these for sometime. I also tried out the Cricut stamp set.


Everything I have read indicated that simple, less detailed cuts should be selected. I decided to try something very simple for my first try. I just adore the boxers and baby-doll pj set on the new Sweethearts cartridge.


Take seriously the advise to use a new cutting mat. After trial and error I switched to a new mat and it worked like a charm.


It took a bit of practice to get the stamped image to come out as nicely as I desired. Then suddenly I realized that I liked the uneven effect. :-) I cut out the stamped images and using pop dots, attached them to the clothesline on my card.

I finished off my card with a phase printed on cardstock using my computer and printer. I cut the phrase and matting using the long rectangle nestabilities and the scalloped long rectangle nestability. All in all, I think I like my first attempt with the Cricut stamps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment