Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Caramel-Filled Chocolate Cookies...The Addiction Continues

What a long day! The new washing machine stopped draining (of course, the machine is digital so you can not just take something apart). I am working outside and the weather is back to being cold, rainy, and gusts of wind are shooting from all directions. I am also missing my little girl. Ashley, my daughter, just passed her driving test and received her license last Friday. She is 18 and decided to go for the weekend with friends. Today is the first day I have seen her since Friday and I feel heart broken and hoping she stays safe. I don't have words to put down that describe trying to let go and let her grow. Great, I am getting teary eyed again. Baking cookies and staying busy helps me from driving the dog, 2 cats and my hubby nuts. I am picking everything up before the item is even set down, fed the dog twice on accident, and the cats sense me contemplating giving them a bath. Cookies sound so much safer.

So here we are with another chocolate and caramel dessert to share with friends and send off to work. Did I mention that Ashley came home, stayed for about 1 hour and left because she had friends waiting soooo, of course, I called with bribery of freshly baked cookies for her to come and pick up whenever. I can see this bribery thing is my next new skill set. Hopefully Ashley is not reading this but if you are kiddo, just kidding! LOVE YOUUUU....!
Oh yes, cookies. Here is the recipe and may I say YUM!!! in advance. While Ash was here, she unwrapped all the Rolos for me.

Caramel-filled Chocolate Cookies With White Chocolate Drizzle
These yummy chocolate cookies have a tasty caramel surprise inside. With crushed pecans on top and a contrasting white chocolate drizzle, They are almost to pretty to be eaten but it can be done.

Ingredients:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. plus 1 Tablespoon sugar, divided
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. baking cocoa
1 t. baking soda
1 1/4 c. chopped pecans, divided
1 package (13 oz.) Rolo candies
4 squares (1 oz. each) white baking chocolate, melted

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, cream butter, 1 cup sugar and brown sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in 1/2 c. pecans.

Shape a tablespoonful of dough around each candy, forming a ball. In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and pecans; dip each cookie halfway. Place nut side up 2-inches apart on greased baking sheets.
Bake at 375 degrees F. for 7-10 minutes or until tops are slightly cracked. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle with melted white chocolate.
This recipe should make about 3 dozen cookies =D

No comments:

Post a Comment