Friday, August 21, 2009

Tricks -n- Treats a Magnolia-licious blog hop!!!

(click on pics to enlarge and view them nice and close)

YAY!!! Happy Friday! And today I have TWICE as much reason to love Friday! Because today, we're having a really fun Tricks - n - Treats blog hop for Magnolia-licious! Not only did the design team use their spooky Magnolia stamps to make a Halloween card, but we also decorated a cute treat bag using a pattern of our choice from Scor-Pal!!! How fun is that??!!! The blog hop started out with the AMAZINGLY talented Cheryl Rowley. Cheryl is my coloring hero. She knows that......cause I've told her about a million times. Seriously...just ask her. LOL! So if you just started the hop here, then please visit Cheryl to start if you want. However you decide to do it, please be sure and visit all the designers to see their fabulous projects. I promise you that you won't be disappointed!! For my set, I used the ever adorable Tilda with Spider Web .
Tilda and the pumpkins are stamped, colored, and then cut out and popped up for dimension. I also used Magnolia pumpkins, and that ever cute bat, and spider, too. Aren't these the most fun stamps ever??? I put them on a base card that I created with my Cricut in DS. It's been a couple of weeks since I put it together, but I'm pretty sure I used George and Mickey Font (I stretched the images in DS). Please email me if you want the cut file. The DP is by Bo Bunny and Bazzill cardstock. The spooky fence is a border punch by Martha Stewart. All the stamps were colored with my Copic markers. Those pretty bows? Those were made with my fabulous Bow Easy.

Isn't this treat bag fun???? I love it! I just cut off the spider web and bottom and top of the broom cause I wanted to turn Tilda's broom into a sign. Here's the link to the Scor-Pal instructions for this box. Just click HERE for the tutorial on how to make it. I will tell you the instructions make a pretty small box. More like what I would consider to be a nut cup. I wanted something a little bigger, so here are the dims I used. I cut my paper at 7" square, then scored at 2" and 5" Follow the instructions for everything else. I LOVE it! You could decorate this awesome box for ANY holiday! It's really sturdy too. I did mine with Bazzill cardstock, and then cut some DP to fit the sides.


This set was soooo much fun to make! I sure hope you enjoy it too!! Now for the really fun part of the blog hop! Halloween blog candy!!! I'm giving away two Martha Stewart border punches. The spooky fence (just like I used for my project, and another one that I ended up buying two of. (it's awful when you forget what you have at home) LOL! You will also receive a mystery Magnolia stamp. Don't you just love a good mystery? Can't have Halloween Tricks n Treats without having a little mystery involved! All you have to do is leave a comment here on this post. You've got until midnight Tuesday evening. I will then pull a winner and announce it on my post next Thursday morning. So check back! If you don't claim it within two days, I will pull another name.

Now it's time for you to move on to the FABULOUS Jacque Beddingfield. I promise you are in for a real treat! Jacque is such a wonderful artist and the details she puts into her card making craft is just unbelievable! So hop on over to Jacque's blog to see what wonderful treat she's got in store for you!
Then when you've completed the blog hop and visited all the awesomely talented Magnolia-licious designers, be sure and hop back to the Magnolia-licious Highlites blog, and make your own card and treat bag. Link your project to the blog candy post by Oct 31st, and you will be eligible to win a prize! So tell me.... what are you sticking around here for? Get busy hopping and creating! But don't forget to post a comment here first! LOL! Hugs! Have a FABULOUSLY SPOOKY Friday!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment