Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Birthday Scrapping and Trying a New Product


I had fun in my scraproom today.  In addition to working on a "to be revealed later" project, I also did some scrapping of the Birthday photos.  I used a new (to me) product on the scrap pages, Fabric Paper by Dear Lizzie and American Crafts.  It is fabric that is backed with an ultra-thin adhesive foam. The fabric paper cuts nicely with my paper trimmer, though I did not try it on the Cricut today.  Don't worry, I have more of the fabric paper and that will be my next experiment.

 
I purchased my fabric paper at Taylored Expressions.  I used two sheets of the 12 x 12 inch fabric paper, removing the middle section with the trimmer (and saving it for later - I am thinking cute cards!).  I also purchased a package of the 6 x 6 inch fabric paper and plan to use it on some cards.
 


I used Base Camp and Storybook cartridges to complete my layout.  I cut the phrase Happy 50th Birthday with Base Camp and attached the letters to the flag banner at the top of the fabric paper. I then cut a two layer tag using Storybook where I matted the computer printed journaling.  My friend Kathy gives me grief for not journaling often enough so I am working to mend my ways!


I cut an extra tag set and affixed it under the edge of one of the HUGE-I-FIED Prima flowers.  The other Prima flower is on the left page, afloat on a field of flowers.  I used three lazer cut pink flowers from my stash of long ago purchased die cuts.  Between die cuts and alphabets that I no longer purchase, I should be saving money... Well, except for those new cartridges!!


I have to say that I quite like the Dear Lizzy Fabric Paper and look forward to using more.  I am not sure where else you can purchase the fabric paper, but I plan to "google" it and find out if there are other patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment