Monday, February 15, 2010

TWD - Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies with Peanut Butter

Chocolate lovers everywhere . . ."know" his and her chocolate chip cookie. We truly ARE chocolate chip cookie aficionados! What about peanut butter and chocolate? Hence the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup infatuation. I am a true fan of Reese's and anything peanut butter so we read Dorie's twists for flavor alterations and foraged ahead, bringing out the canister of chunky peanut butter and the Hoody lightly salted peanuts. Bittersweet chocolate, I was not sure. Sounds kind of sacrilegious to be messing with semi-sweet or milk chocolate/semi-sweet or milk chocolate/white chocolate but Tuesday with Dorie's group IS all about trying new variations of old favorites AND opening any kitchen fears by baking outside comfort zones. Jumping in head first, we poured Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips into the peanut butter cookie dough; then the crushed, lightly salted peanuts.
LARGE scoops of cookie dough were placed on the silicon and baked.
As the cookie barely cooled, we cracked our first one. Melted chocolate oozed out.
We take our first bite; the chocolate BLOWS me away before my teeth even hit the peanut crunch. I do not even think my mind registered peanut butter at that first bite. The bittersweet chocolate is good but overwhelming. I think waiting till tomorrow and trying another bite after my senses have had a WHOLE night's rest will bring a more objective tasting. The curiosity is killing me to see what my friends in the Tuesday with Dorie blogging world think of the flavors so I will be coming by to say hello and hopefully you will follow along =)
Thank you Kait of Kait’s Plate for selecting My Best Chocolate Chip Cookies from Dorie Greenspan's Baking cookbook. To get the recipe, visit Kait and she will have it posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment