Sunday, February 15, 2009

More Cards and Some Organization

Remember last month when I pledged to make 6 Christmas cards each month (instead of the rush at the end to create 72 cards)? I worked on this month's cards a bit today, with mixed response on the nearly finished cards. I am not feeling the love on the Partridge in a Pear Tree. I think he need words.... And ribbon.

However, I do like the pine cone cards. I made three of these. All of the cards were cut from the JOTS cartridge, then dry embossed with my wizard, and finally heat embossed with three colors of embossing powders. The pinecones then each were embellished with a cute little winter saying rub on. I did not find a cute little saying that went with the bird & pear!

Next, I played with the egg card cut a little more. This is a combination of Storybook and Doodlecharms. Honestly, I liked the fun colorful egg cards better!


My friend Kathy, as I often refer to her on here, was interested in seeing my card storage solution. I add another member of the Shelf-it family to my scraproom. I previous enjoyed my Stamps organizer and Inks organizer, so I added the cards organizer. The second photo shows the inside of the card organizer.

The tabbed dividers are labeled with card type on one side, or by month name on the other side. As you can see, I preferred the card type. In the rear of the organizer there are two sections that hold quite a variety of card paper and envelopes. Down front on the left are a few stamped images I have been working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment