Monday, July 7, 2008

TWD Double Crusted Blueberry Pie

First, Amy of South in Your Mouth picked this weeks TWD.
Amy, I LOVE blueberries and so does hubby! The flavor of the pie is phenomenal! Now, with that said. . .I am asking for help from my fellow TWD bloggers =. If you scan down to the last pie picture, you will see that my pie crust literally melted away in the oven. I know I am tired from cooking so much over the 4th BUT I went over the pie crust recipe again and what the heck did I do wrong?

First, I used butter that was NOT frozen. I did put the butter in the freezer for 20 minutes. The shortening WAS frozen. Also, after making the pie crusts, I put them back into the refrigerator until I was done mixing together the ingredients for the blueberry filling.

Finally, after assembling the pie, I did NOT put the pie in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour like Dorie suggested. With all the above information, Could someone maybe see where I went wrong? The pie flavor is awesome and I want to make this specific blueberry pie recipe again. . .this time when I am not tired but any input would REALLY be appreciated =D.


The recipe chosen included a pie crust called Good for Almost Everything Pie Dough found in Dorie Greenspan's Baking From My Home to Yours, on pages 442-443.

Here, I have pulsed the butter and shortening with the dry mixture.



The Double-Crusted Blueberry Pie is found on pages 361-363.
The blueberries have been picked through and are happily waiting for the addition of sugar, flour, and lemon.


Blueberries are waiting to be gently tossed to mix all ingredients together.



The top pie crust has been added and ready for a little trim.




After fluting the edges, I have made a few openings for steam to release.







My final pie. Ouch! The pie crust is literally on the oven floor. I need pie 101 help please?





No comments:

Post a Comment