Monday, April 4, 2011

Mother's Day 2010 Phrase Challenge


Happy Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday!  This week we are jumping ahead into mid spring with the Mother's Day 2010 Cartridge.  My sweet Design Team sister, Lori, chose this week's challenge cut - any phrase from the MD2010 cartridge.  I selected the word "Mom" as that is what I call my mother.


Using Cricut Design Studio, I cut "Mom" in two layers - the icon cut and the shadow.  The top layer (icon) was cut in a subtle print pretty pink; the shadow was cut in an aqua blue cardstock (though in the photo above the cardstock appears more blue than aqua).  I glued the cuts on a Bo Bunny oval, also cut with MD2010, and the corresponding base layer.

I used a dark cream cardstock and cut the top layer of matting, added scallops and tiny circles to create a semi-lace edge.  This was matted on an aqua blue rectangle, which was then matted on a lime green rectangle.  And finally all of the layers were matted on a smooth white cardstock card.


I embellished the card with white and brown pen dots and something new - Cuttlebug Quill Daisies.  When I attended the Cricut Circle Crop in Atlanta a month ago one of the two purchases I made was this great set of Cuttlebug plates to create daisies.  Provo Craft has come out with three sets:  Daisy, Chrysanthemum, and Carnation.  I trusted my table mate, Madge, to select a set for me.  And she chose well as I love this Daisy set.


The quill sets are very easy to use - I may do a video later to show you how wonderfully easy this flowers cut and go together.  You cut the pieces using the dies in your Cuttlebug.  Then using the quilling tool you wrap the three layers one at a time, smallest to largest, to create this awesome flowers!!  Easy - easy!


I completed my card by adding a rectangle of the dark cream cardstock and a rectangle of the lime green cardstock to the inside of the card, along with a pink strip.  I used two different circle punches and punched four flowers from the Bo Bunny print used on the front to create flower embellishments.  I the used dark brown ink and stamped a Mother's Day sentiment.  I colored the flower and edge of the oval with Copic markers.


I will back with some fun new projects this week - cards, a layout and hopefully I will find time to make a video using the Cuttlebug Quill flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment