Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Graduation Card for Mark


This may not look like a traditional graduation card, but then the graduate is not a traditional kind of guy.  Mark is the son of one of my friends, but more importantly he is a young man that we watched grow from a fourteen year old teen into a more mature twenty-two year old man.    Mark graduated from the College of Charleston last Saturday and I bet it was the best Mother's Day gift that his mom has ever received. 


I have always liked Mark. As a teen he had a mischievous, infectious smile. I have a sneaking suspicion that Mark was always with my older two children back in high school when they were someplace doing something that they should not have been doing. Not that Mark was ever bad. No, he was and is FUN to be around. And he has always been caring and compassionate. He has always been fun to have around and to be around.


I used three cartridges to create Mark's card:  Elegant Cakes, Just Because Cards, and Calligraphy.  I cut the layered scrolling frame on the front of the card from Elegant Cakes.  The lettering all came from Calligraphy.  And the rest of the card was cut using Just Because Cards.  I went with primarily maroon and black papers, the traditional College of Charleston colors.  I did toss in a bit of metallic gold paper to make the front of the card more festive.  I finished the card with two inside borders and the word Congratulations. 

I hope that Mark likes the card.  I was going for "guy elegant" and I think this fits the bill! And even if he hates the card, Mark should like what I plan to put inside!!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment