Monday, May 10, 2010

BBTB2 - Peggy Loves Vintage Sponsored TBBM Challenge


Good Monday morning bloggers!!  I am finally back in the groove (!) and have several projects to share with you this week.  The first project is, of course, the weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  This week Peggy Loves Vintage is sponsoring the challenge.  We were provided with several of Peggy's fabulous vintage images from which to choose to create our project.  We also had to use a specific tag from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More on our projects. 


As you can see I took the road less traveled (note all of the blue projects at BBTB2 this week) and chose this cute hula girl.  She looks so happy with her little ukalie and her fabulous tropical flowers; I thought she was a perfect canidate for an easel fold card.  I began by cutting a frame for my image by using a tag from Just Because Cards and adding an oval cut out to the middle.  I then mounted the framed on image on the required tag, using the tag as a matting.


I used fun and bright papers and added three additional layers of mattings... Because, let's be honest, you cannot have enough color when you plan to add "aloha" to the front of your card. I'm just saying....

As you all know, I missed last week's BBTB2 challenge which used the Life's a Beach cartridge.  What you do not know is that I purchased LAB *just* for that challenge... seriously.  So I had to make up for that by using LAB this week!  As I said above, I planned to use the Aloha cut. I liked the flower on the Aloha cut so well that I cut another for the front of the card, then I cut the flower border for the inside.  I think this more than makes up for missing last week's LAB challenge.


I hope that you will all check back through the week.  I have a few more cards to share with you AND on Saturday I will be back at Everyday Cricut for my monthly project!!  Also, you will want to check Everyday Cricut daily because my design team sister and all around wonderful person, Donna Mundinger is Ms. May.  I promise you that you will not want to miss Donna's work.  WARNING - my jaw usually falls open while looking at Donna's paper art so be warned and do not take food or beverage to the computer with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment