Sunday, October 28, 2007

Tea Cup Makes Sipping Tea A Special Moment in Time

I know this probably sounds silly but I was raised as a tomgirl and all I wanted growing up was a tea set. My Mom had a pretty set and we girls were never allowed to touch it. You know, I have a real silver tea pot with the sugar and cream dishes that all set on a beautiful silver tray with floral filigree etched as a design. The set has a tarnished look to it and I want to find out how I can make the whole set look new again. Something I really need to make time for. I am sitting here laughing out loud (probably sound like I have lost my marbles =D) but the thought just crossed my mind that one of my regular cups of tea would fill this little cup about three times. . .and it is really hard not to laugh about it because it would take me a while longer to drink my tea so this will probably be kept as a lovely weekend morning past time.

I had all these great plans to make wonderful Halloween cookies and caramel apples along with some great spiders made out of little sausages wrapped in crescent dough and use potato sticks for legs and mustard for eyes. Then I was going to make a ranch dressing dip and rings of bbq sauce so as to pull a spider web design using a toothpick. It is now Sunday evening and I have not accomplished any of these things. I made a spiderweb dip! Yeppers, that is it! A dip. . .for chips. . .Fritos corn chips. I really should look at the brighter side of this woeful tail. My hubby needed help this weekend on a project of reorganizing the storage and hauling things around that would make his world happier. So, this is what I did. Now, I am sore with no Halloween goodies *but* a happy hubby. I guess it is not a complete loss, yes?


The recipe used cheater ingredients, which I really try not to do when cooking but I really needed a last effort to show something for the season:
1 (16 oz.) jar (about 1 3/4 c) black bean dip
1 (12 oz.) container of guacamole
1/4 c. Sour Cream
1 c. Lettuce
4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese shredded
1/2 c. chopped tomatoes
Tortilla or Corn Chips
Directions:

Spread bean dip onto center of large platter, leaving 1 to 2 inches around edge of platter. Carefully spread bean dip with guacamole.

Spoon sour cream into resealable plastic food bag. Snip off corner. Pipe sour cream in 4 concentric circles onto guacamole. Drag toothpick or knife through sour cream from center outward to make spider web design.

Layer lettuce, cheese and tomatoes on edge of platter. Serve with tortilla or corn chips.

BTW, this was tastey. =D


No comments:

Post a Comment