Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sixty Cent Stamp + Spellbinders = Great Valentines


Today I am going to share a quickie Valentine card ... or two!  But of course there is a bit of a back story with this card.... I know, isn't there always?   A couple of weeks ago the scrappy girlfriends and I spent a lovely weekend at Lake Murray, scrapping, and laughing, and talking weddings...  We always schedule a little break for ourselves on the weekend - we visit Michaels and A.C. Moore craft stores on Saturday afternoons.  We say that while we do not NEED anything, we might find something we should have.  This last trip, four of us purchased new cutters because we all liked Beth's new Fiskar's Deluxe cutter. 
We also looked for great bargains, but usable bargains.  And this is where the card comes in!

My great find on our last Saturday afternoon outing was in the $1.00 stamp bin at Michaels.  All of the $1.00 stamps were 40% off.  I found this cute "here's my heart" contemporary stamp, which only cost me sixty cents!!  And of course I had to use it that evening, just to show "the girls" that I would indeed use that sixty cent stamp!!


I stamped the sixty cent stamp onto smooth cardstock and cut it out with my circle nesties.  I mounted the circle on a Lacey Circle nestie, and mounted that on a double layer matting cut with label 2 (?). 
I used many of my leftover scraps to create two Valentine cards - one for each of the grandmoms. 


So the next time you are digging through those $1.00 bins at Michaels remember that you really can make some cute, cute projects with inexpensive stamps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment