Monday, April 21, 2008

White Lightening Sangria

I thought I would share a sangria that is not too strong and can be adapted to any white wine of choice. I thought I was being clever and invited my daughter's boyfriend over Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to see if they spent too much time together. . .well, that they may get on each other's nerves and nobody would be as hurt if things didn't mutually continue? How is that for politcally correct? It didn't work. I thought I would have Ashley and Devin cook lunch (spaghetti and meatsauce with garlic bread) and they did great. I am bumming because Ashley is not quite 17 (1 1/2 months to go) and Devin is 21. I am not sure how there meeting happened but Ashley goes no where without me either being in the vicinity or knowing exactly what is going on and for how long they will be at this specific place. Anotherwords, I am scared out of my skin. Devin has been respectful, thoughtful, and has not tried being overly mushy with Ashley. This does not mean that I am not running up the stairs everytime the house gets overly quiet ~ for longer then 5 minutes =). I can't even concentrate to blog and I miss blogging but now I have college finals again and my eye is twitching. I actually ended up thinking that Devin has a few positive points in his favor by the time this weekend was over. . .begrudgingly. . .and that was NOT the intension at all. I also felt bad because he does seem to feel comfortable and happy when he is over at our house, which makes me wonder about his own home life. I now know that he absolutely adores peanut butter cookies and rootbeer floats. The fact that he also likes to cook isn't bad either since Ashley likes top ramen out of the package (uhmmm, not cooked) and bagel bites, FF's, pot stickers, and chocolate milk. Of course, nothing homemade. . .that would be just terrible. Okay, I may have shown a few of those traits growing up since I came from the same background of everything homemade and next-to-nothing store bought. . .including bread. I just wish the age difference wasn't so HUGE. When they are this young, the age does make a big difference. Okay, I am going to stop this whole conversation but this is how the white lightening sangria came into my kitchen this weekend. . .stress. I wanted something to relax me and this sangria was fun, fruity, and delicious. Because I made this twice this weekend, I would also like to state that the second time I doubled the recipe and for some reason the sangria was WAY TO STRONG! Add more juice and the full amount of sugar or just make as stated in the recipe. Having fruit in the wine glass, okay. . .I love mandarin oranges, pineapple, and grapes. . .was a nice touch that added color. I will make this again when I think I need to destress a little =D.
White Lightening Sangria
1 bottle (750) white wine what ever you like Riesling, Chablis, ect
1/2 cup Vodka
1/2 cup white grage juice
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cupsliced white grapes (seedless)
1 tangerine sliced
1/2 pineapple sliced
1 cup club soda or citrus soda

Directions:
1. Pour wine and vodka in the pitcher and add sliced grapes, tangerine, and pineapple. Next add sugar and stir gently. Chill mixture for at least one hour.Add club soda or citrus soda just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment