Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Spiced Yogurt Poundcake

My friend makes "the" most rich, moist, and delicious spiced yogurt poundcake EVER! This cake does not need any frosting even though I did mix a cup of powdered sugar with a little milk and 1/4 t. almond extract to drizzle over the surface. I just love the flavor of almond extract, especially when I am making my favorite peach crisp. Delicious! There is nothing fancy about this cake and I wish I had gussied up the picture before putting it into the blog but I just had to share. I make this cake about once a month, it is that good. I like using Greek yogurt instead of plain yogurt but I think the taste is phenomenal no matter which one you use. The spices really come through but are not overpowering. 3 days later, if the cake lasts that long, this piece of heaven will still be moist.

Spiced Yogurt Poundcake

Ingredients:

2 c. white sugar

1 c. butter, softened

2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour

1 c. plain yogurt or Greek yogurt

3 eggs

1 t. vanilla extract

1 t. ground cinnamon

1 t. allspice

1/2 t. ground nutmeg

1/4 t. ground cloves

1/2 t. salt

1/2 t. baking soda

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour one 9 x 13 inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the flour, yogurt, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, ground cloves, salt, and baking soda. Mix until combined then beat at high speed for 2 minutes.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment