I cut the one out with my Sesame Street Font cartridge and then cut the shadow four times and glued them all together. It makes awesome faux chipboard. Happy Birthday was cut with my ZooBalloo cartridge and shadowed that one as well, also multiple times for strength, and did the same thing yet again for the balloons with the Celebration cartridge.
Before I glued all the balloon layers together, I cut some strips of red wire and attached the wire the balloon, then continued gluing the balloon pieces together. That way, the edge of the wire is hidden up inside the ballon. I used Zip Dry glue to glue the wire on, and I used a very generous portion of it too. It is holding the weight of them wonderfully!
The DP is DCWV Nana's Kids, don't know about the cardstock. I cut the base out at 1 1/2" wide and scored down the middle. Then attached the one to the front and center of the strip. I also cut two layers of cardstock to attach to the back for the added weight. The card stands just fine. For the base of the strip, I used kraft cardstock cause it's nice and sturdy.
The adorable little dragon is by Lelo Designs that I purchased from 7 College kids. When I cut him out, I just did away with the string that was holding the balloon and replaced it with some wire too. I colored him with my Copic markers. He's stamped, colored, and cut three times and each layer has a thin layer of dimensional tape in between.
Thanks so much for stopping in to see my take on Kerry's challenge today, and I hope you pop over to Three Clovers and take a peek at what the rest of the Inspirational team did. They are all wickedly talented!! Hope to see you back again soon!! HUGS!