Sunday, February 24, 2008

Triple Chocolate Cookies

This weekend has been a whirlwind and all I did was sneak in baking here and there. I have had no time for blogging and I feel terrible. So, I am going to have to make up for it this week. I did do a cookbook review for the first time this year. Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook, and don't laugh because this cookbook is actually a collection of recipes from Disney's many restaurants. This was one of my New Year's Resolutions. Pick a cookbook out of many, that I adore, and make a review. Deborah at Taste and Tell does this and I applaud her commitment to doing this every month. She always comes across the best recipes. . .absolutely Yum!
Since I am in a hurry, I am going to get right to the recipe. The triple chocolate cookies are reminiscent of the cookies I used to bake for Ashley when she was about 3 years old, only the ones I used to bake for her didn't have white chocolate chips or toasted pecans chunks in them. The toasted pecans add so much to this cookie. I was shocked at the depth of flavor and I am now adding this cookie to one of my regulars again. The cookie is airy because of the egg whites but they are also quick to mix together. I made a butter cookie with the egg yolks, which I will blog about later this week.

Triple Chocolate Cookies
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips
Directions:
Line baking sheets with aluminum foil; lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
Sift 1 cup confectioners sugar, cocoa, flour and salt into a bowl.
Beat egg whites in bowl until foamy.
Add remaining confectioners sugar and vanilla; beat 1 minute to soft peaks.
Add sifted cocoa mixture; beat 1 minute, until well blended.
Stir in pecans, chocolate and vanilla pieces.
Drop by tablespoons onto prepared sheets, spacing 1 inch apart.
Sift lightly with confectioners sugar if desired.
Let stand for 30 minutes.
Bake in 325 degree oven for 15 minutes or until cookie is puffed and crackled, but still soft in center.
Cool on sheets 10 minutes.
Remove to racks to cool.
2 1/2 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment