Thursday, February 21, 2008

Chicken Chimichangas with a Green Sauce - Cheater Recipe

I am soooo tired! Working 60 hour weeks and going to college has finally caught up with me and I am just trying to make a speedy recooperation. I have even looked into those no calorie energy drinks but, really, you know there is something not healthy in those too! So, I am hoping for a miracle re-energizing swoop of fresh air, something, that makes me able to make something fabulous to blog about! I have to tell you though, this cheater recipe turned out delicious! YES, I did use canned soup, I am sorry from the bottom of my soup can, and I did use store bought flour tortillas, but the rest was all me, kind of. I bought sour cream too. (Big smile). . .(Okay, toothy GRIN)! I am typing and feeling like a smart-aleck, not a good combo. I am also sipping a glass of Riesling. My relaxation for tonight, yes? Well, I have something to tell everyone, drum roll, we Washatonians never look at our own touristy attractions. We just built this all glass, 9 floor - I think, I didn't count - library that is phenomenal! The reason I know is that I got the pleasure of working 10 hours then having my hubby tell me that he has to go to a company meeting for 2 hours at night so I get to hang out somewhere for 2 1/2 hours. Yay! (Sarcasm). Well. I am almost to shocked to type still. This library was more like a modern musuem with oodles of books! The first floor was all wood and engraved in words from all languages. There must of been over 200 flat screen monitors to go with the computers on several floors and study spots tucked away everywhere! Indoor gardens planted, a chocolat cafe, and LOTS of window viewing space of Seattle! Open arenas, windows looking into walls with these white fabric ovals filled with air and human faces only, and eyes only, and mouth only balloons within the walls, all talking over the speakers just above the escalator. Your getting glimpses of these balloons as you are going up the escalator! Crazy! After getting lost many times and refinding my way, along with a couple of strange men speaking a language I have NO idea of, decided they were bored of following me around and waving like they didn't have too many marbles in their head. . .combined heads, that is, I found a great table and chair at the top floor with only windows, my laptop computer, and fellow studying people! It was really hard to focus on homework with so many distractions to gawk at. I tried really hard to look like I wasn't paying attention but I highly doubt that it worked! It was great and now I can't wait to go back. So here I am, yapping away about this library and not talking about the chicken chimichangas with the fabulous and slightly (mildly) spicy green sauce. Addictive and easy are the words that come to mind. I made this whole dinner within 30 minutes and I only felt a little guilty. I got this recipe from a friend, forever ago, and I promised that I would try it and now that a LONG time has passed, here I am and I am giving this recipe high praises! Now, I want to go back and rectify the canned soup thing with something homemade so that I can officially blog sounding sophisticated and intelligent! I suppose now is not the time to share that I just received the QUICK COOKING cookbook for Taste of Home in the mail tonight? (sheepish grin). Cheating can be addictive at times, you know.
Chimichangas with a Green Sauce
Ingredients:
2(10.5 oz.) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
2(4oz) cans diced green chilies
5 pitted green olives
1 jalapeno pepper,seeded and chopped
2 Tbs fresh lime juice
1 (8oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1(8oz) pkg shreaded monteray jack cheese
1/2(1 oz) pkg taco seasoning
1lb. shreaded cooked chicken meat
8(10")flour tortillas
1/2c vegetable oil
1(8oz.)pkg. shreaded sharp cheddar cheese
1c chopped green onion
1(8oz) container sour cream
Directions:
Pour the cream of chicken soup into a blender along with the green chilies,olives,jalapeno and lime juice. Puree until smooth,then pour into a saucepan,and warm over mediulow heat while proceeding with the recipe
In a large bowl,stir together cream cheese,monteray jack cheeseand taco seasoning till well blended. Fold in the chicken. Evenly divide mixture among 8 tortillas. Fold each tortilla into a rectangular packet around the filling.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry 4 chimichangas at a time until golden brown,then drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
To serve,place a chimichanga on a plate,and ladle the warm sauce overtop. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and green onions. Finish with a dollup of sour cream.





No comments:

Post a Comment