Saturday, January 5, 2008

Bacon Appetizers Borrowed From Taste and Tell

Well, I am feeling rather accomplished tonight. Nothing like starting out a new year by organizing the kitchen and getting a second wind. I didn't think that I would find the time to make anything exciting for little fingerfoods but you know? I have been dropping by a few other blogs and I just couldn't quit thinking about the blog Taste and Tell's Bacon Appetizer Crescents! Deborah took the absolute best picture of this wonderful little appetizer and I think that I subconsciously made sure to get all the ingredients for the recipe while out-and-about today. In the picture, you see tidbits of bacon within a creamy filling, enveloped inside a crescent roll. I found myself pulling all the ingredients out and setting them onto the counter, thinking that the recipe should only take about 15 minutes to assemble before baking. I had extra onion left over in the refrigerator that I wanted to use so I added a little more onion to the recipe then it called for(I'll remember not to do that again. . .mainly because I am typing it here now =)). I still haven't figured out how to do a link that directs you to the place I am speaking of so I will just have to resort to copying her recipe here. . .because I don't want to lose the recipe so that I can have it for future use and be able to give myself pointers that I won't remember later.

I always cook my bacon in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Just line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and lay out the bacon. Turn the bacon over half way through the baking time and TaDa! No mess on the stove top and the bacon is perfect! Instead of crumbling the bacon, I used kitchen scissors and cut the bacon into 1/4 inch pieces before mixing it in with the rest of the ingredients and I think that the bacon size turned out really well. I used thick sliced bacon and dried parsley instead of fresh. I don't think this appetizer had enough time to cool down before they were devoured by movie watching people. You see, by the time I made these, the football games were over for the day. Just highlights. I did say that I couldn't quit thinking about this appetizer and got a second wind, Yes?

Bacon Appetizer Crescents as per Deborah at Taste and Tell (So far I only know how to copy and paste a link)

From Kraft Foods via Just Baking

Prep Time: 30 min

Total Time: 45 min

Makes: 8 doz. or 24 servings, four crescents each

1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
8 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
1/3 cup KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp. milk
2 cans (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
Preheat oven to 375 °F. Mix cream cheese, bacon, Parmesan cheese, onions, parsley and milk until well blended; set aside. Separate each can of dough into four rectangles; firmly press perforations together to seal. Spread each rectangle with 2 rounded tablespoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture. Cut each rectangle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges, starting at short ends. Place, seam-sides down, on greased baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 min. or until golden brown. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment