Monday, December 3, 2007

Smoked Salmon Salad With Raspberry Vinaigrette

Living in the state of Washington, along the coast, I have an abundance of choices for seafood and, unforetunately, I do not always cook fresh seafood as often as I would like. Keeping things simple as possible and enjoying the individual flavors of a dish is important. The problem with this last statement is that I also *love* trying new recipes that can be quite complicated at times and I am fine with this because I love a new adventure. Desserts fit into this category along with gumbos, homemade chilis, etc.

I think that mixing fresh fruit with seafood for taste and color is an outstanding color palette for any lunch or dinner table. I thought the combination of raspberries, mandarin oranges and smoked salmon over a bed of tender salad greens with a little raspberry viniagrette drizzled over the top sounded tempting so I gave it a try and now I am making a little more to take with me tomorrow to share with a friend over lunch. =D


Ingredients:

Mixed Salad Greens - your choice
1/3 fresh sliced mushrooms
1 avocado cubed
1/4 c. smoked salmon cut into small chunks
1/2 c. raspberries
1/2 c. drained mandarin oranges

Vinaigrette:
1/4 c. olive oil
2 T. raspberry vinegar
1 T. honey
1 T. water
1/2 t. dried basil leaves
1/8 t. garlic salt
Dash of coarsely ground pepper

Directions:

Mix salad greens with the mushrooms, avocado and smoked salmon chunks. Arrange raspberries and mandarin oranges on salad greens.

Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Serve over fresh greens.

Awesome flavor! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment